IVR (Interactive voice response)
For studies or respondent types
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is the ability for respondents to participate in a study or interview using the buttons of any touch-tone phone via a 1-800-number.
- Customers can respond 24 x 7 at their convenience.
- Multiple languages are available.
- Infinite number of question branches, skip patterns, or triggers.
- Ability to digitally record callers comment/suggestions.
- Review of customer comments via telephone.
- Quick reporting of data
- Modifications to the questionnaire can be made 'on the fly'.
- Reporting options include e-mail, print, fax, or the Internet.
- No Interviewer Bias
- All types of respondents can respond.
IVR can be used for different types of studies or respondent types. Simply invite customer or respondents at a store or restaurant or mail their invitation to them. Here are a few examples:
- Customer Satisfaction – Use IVR to invite customers at a restaurant to share their experience or those customers ordering a new item at a fast food restaurant for the first time to give you immediate feedback on the new burger or shake.
- Product Evaluation – Put an attractive invitation on a can of spray paint, inviting those that purchase it the chance to answer some questions about its use and their use of it.
- Service Evaluation – Mail out an invitation in a credit card statement asking your customers to call in and take a short survey about the types of services they are receiving from the bank or financial institution.